- Written by admin
Hi, I’m writing this blog about a subject that I simply have to share because it has been transforming for my wife and I….. the KETO DIET.
My wife had not made any plans to start dieting this year. Although we both needed to lose weight in that we both have gained over 20 to 25 pounds since retiring back in 2013.
This is What Happened. At church the couple that sits behind us was sharing with us about how his wife had lost 8 pounds in about 9 to 10 days. She lost it on the the KETO Diet.
Well, needless to say it sparked a conversation about what was is the KETO Diet and how does it work. Without getting into every nook and cranny about the mechanics of how it works in this blog. They basically explained that the KETO Diet puts your body into ketosis.
Brief Description of What Is A Ketogenic Diet
- The ketogenic diet is a low carb, moderate protein, and high fat diet which puts the body into a metabolic state known as ketosis.
- When your body is in a state of ketosis, the liver produced ketones. Thet become the main energy source for the body.
- The ketogenic diet is also referred to as keto (key-toe). It is a diet, low carb diet, and low carb high fat (LCHF).
- So why is it so awesome and why is it taking the world by storm?
- Because it completely reverses how your body functions (in a good way). Along with changing how you view nutrition.
- The Ketogenic diet premise is that your body was designed to run more efficiently as a fat burner rather than a sugar burn.
My wife and I were so inspired and impressed by our friend’s quick results in weight loss. She explained to us the simplicity of what you could and could not eat. They also explained it would not severely alter the way we eat and enjoy food the we normally eat anyway.
Well, to make a long story short. We purchased a few suggested starter food items and prepared our meals as suggested. To our GREAT SURPRISE within 8 days my wife lost 9 pounds and I lost 11 pounds.
That was 4 months ago. Since then we’ve both lost over 20 pounds and several inches in our waist, hips, and neck.
This is really exciting stuff. Having friends and family commenting on how good we look – and the obvious loss in weight is directly attributable to that.
In fact, we are amazed – “just how good we are eating”. Quite often, we look at each other and say, “I can’t believe we’re eating this good on a diet”.
We are now hearing all over our church that people have seen us and amazed at our results. And from that it has motivated many others to start the KETO diet.
I could say so much more but as I promised, I didn’t want to make this a long blog. But I just had to share this to my friends, family and followers of this blog.
I wrote this blog to encourage those that may need that little nudge. Now it’s your time to get started on losing a few pounds this year.
P.S. when you have some time come back and check out my Four Percent blog posts at: